Saturday, July 2, 2011

Integrity.


My walk is not blameless. But I have a mighty God who loves me, forgives me, and grows in me everyday. I know I've grown in integrity and still have a way to go.     Not by what I've done 

but by what God has done in me. 

You can't simply "believe" in God -you have to pursue Him as He pursues you. It's the most amazing relationship... EVER. 

Last week, I started and completed a reading plan on www.youversion.com about integrity. I think it was a 7 day plan and I started it again yesterday. Some of these verses are probably the most important character builders I've ever read. 

FaceBook is one of my favorite places on the web. I love that I get to sneak-a-peek into my friends' and families' lives and feel like I haven't missed a beat. The thing that breaks my heart is that poor character is displayed all over the place with negative status updates. In the past, I've been guilty of this as well. BUT, I've learned and grown since then and understand that 
whatever I put out there is a direct reflection of me. 
What have your status updates been? Truth is, I have some "friends" marked as "hide all posts".  

Last week at church, our pastor, Trent, gave a great sermon about integrity. Please check it out: http://www.vimeo.com/25638473


Psalm 15:1-5 NIV

1 Lord, who may dwell in your sacred tent?
Who may live on your holy mountain?

2 The one whose walk is blameless,
who does what is righteous,
who speaks the truth from their heart;

3 whose tongue utters no slander,
who does no wrong to a neighbor,
and casts no slur on others;

4 who despises a vile person
but honors those who fear the Lord;
who keeps an oath even when it hurts,
and does not change their mind;

5 who lends money to the poor without interest;
who does not accept a bribe against the innocent.
Whoever does these things
will never be shaken.


Proverbs 10:9
Whoever walks in integrity walks securely,
but whoever takes crooked paths will be found out.

1Peter 3:8-10, 13-16
8 Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, 
love one another, 
be compassionate and humble.
9 Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. 
On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, 
because to this you were called 
so that you may inherit a blessing.
10 For, "Whoever would love life and see good days 
must keep their tongue from evil
and their lips from deceitful speech.
13 Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good?
14 But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed.
 "Do not fear their threats; do not be frightened."
15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. 
Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you 
to give the reason for the hope that you have. 
But do this with gentleness and respect,
16 keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously 
against your good behavior in Christ 
may be ashamed of their slander.

No comments:

Post a Comment